Monday, July 13, 2009

How can I run my ubuntu linux partition from with in windows xp?

I want to run on windows but want the programming benefits that the terminal gives, i don't really even need gnome. Cygwin does not work as well as I need it to but I am a moron so I might be doing something wrong but don't know where, but thats not my question. Anyway is there a way to run at least the terminal in windows?





*Cygwin likes to give my my two word windows username which has a space but that is a no no in linux.

How can I run my ubuntu linux partition from with in windows xp?
Have you tried using VMWare. It runs like a vitual machine. You can run Linux on it while you are booted to Windows and switch over to using a "virtual" Linux.





Here's a link that can walk you through setting it up.





http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technol...





I've just started working with it so I can't really give all the pros and cons but it was recommended to me by a reliable source.


No comments:

Post a Comment