Monday, July 13, 2009

How do I install my scanner in linux?

I have a Canon Canoscan 8600F USB scanner. I am running Debian Linux on my computer. The canoscan software on the cd does not work with linux. Could someone please tell me how I can set it up to work with linux? Thank you.

How do I install my scanner in linux?
You need to check that the scanner will work with linux. http://www.linux-drivers.org/ might help. There are links on the page for debian drivers, scanners, canon and lots more.
Reply:Check in the canon web page and look if that version of scanner is available to use it in Linux or ask to the suppor in that page if you don't receive and answer try with the web page of Linux and ask for support. In one way or the other you will receive and answer, that's what I do when is something is wrong.

pollen

No comments:

Post a Comment