Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How do I convert a windows partition to a linux partition?

I need to intall linux on a computer while retaining windows without doing a partitionless installation.

How do I convert a windows partition to a linux partition?
I really dont think that is possible.


You will have to partition the drive while installing linux. I think that is because linux uses its own type of a file system other than windows.


When i installed Mandrake on a pc that was already running windows 2k, the mandrake installation made a partition of its own n installed. However, it was dual boot.
Reply:u cannot do it. if u want the linux with all features,some time back i had used some kind of software wich offers only shell... which can be installed on windows partion


No comments:

Post a Comment