Monday, July 13, 2009

What are the benefits of changing my OS to linux yellow dog on my PS 3?

I really dont have a clue about this, i ve only had my ps3 two weeks and have just about managed to get my media servers from ps3 pickin up my laptop and desktop,but i hear all about this linux yellow dog, what the hell is it, what does it do, and what are the benefits of using it (and disadvantages).





HELLLPPP!


Thnkin you in advance!

What are the benefits of changing my OS to linux yellow dog on my PS 3?
Linux is basically Just An Operating System Similar To Windows ( A Little Less Complex ). The Benefits Are If You Would Like A "PC" Type Interface Running Off Your PS3 and are interested in using it as a server ect. , But If You Are Interested In Games ect. It Would Be advisable That You Leave The XMB The Way It Is, It Is Much SImpler To Use. I Would Also Advise you Not To Try Anything Until You Gain A Bit More Knowledge About The Linux System.





But Hey!, If You Fancy Having A Go At Using Linux, Why Not! If You Don't Like It, Simply Use The format Utility, Format The Hard Drive And Presto Chango, Your Back to The Good Ol' XMB.
Reply:From the sounds of it, you shouldn't be using linux. If you don't have experience with linux, I wouldn't suggest using it for PS3. It is mainly for people that want to alter games, or make their PS3 into a server.





IF YOU DO MAKE IT A LINUX PS3, YOU COULD RUIN IT IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment