Monday, July 13, 2009

How do you put linux on your computer?

Ok this is the thing. I cant burn cds. I dont have a a little memory stick on my keychain and I want to be able to still boot up linux. Does anyone have any step by step directions in accomplishing this?

How do you put linux on your computer?
You can download the Ubuntu ISO, open it up in WinRAR and drag the files to your USB keychain... assuming you have at least 700mb free on it...





Then you can reboot your computer, go into BIOS, set your boot order to CD - JUMP DRIVE - HARDDRIVE. This way it will attempt to boot from CD first, then to your USB drive and finally to your HD if no bootable devices are in the first two.





I think there are jump drive versions of Linux... just google it and see what shows up.
Reply:ok get a friend to go to linux.iso.com or linux.org and download the iso for you and burn it its about 3 cds or 1 dvd or you can actually order cd,s from the site


No comments:

Post a Comment